Academies land and buildings valuation
Guide to help new academy trusts complete their land and buildings information form.
Between April and June every year, the Education Funding Agency (EFA) procures:
- valuations of the land and buildings of all new academies that opened between 1 April of the previous year and 31 March of the current year
- revaluations of academy land and buildings that were last valued 5 years ago
EFA commissions valuers to carry out a desktop valuation exercise, which allow us to consolidate academies’ valuations into our financial statements and those of the Department of Education (DfE).
The land and buildings information form provides us with basic background data to support the desktop valuation.
New academies should complete and submit the online form within 6 weeks of opening.
Academies that fall into the 5-year revaluation exercise should complete and submit the online form when requested by EFA.
Academies that opened in the year between 1 April and 31 March, and those academies whose land and buildings have been revalued, can find copies of their valuations in the EFA document exchange in the following September.
The copy is for information only, and academies don’t need to do anything with it. The guide on this page provides information on how EFA prepares land and buildings valuations and on how they may be used.
Published: 22 August 2014
Updated: 21 April 2016
- The Education Funding Agency has amended the guide for academies on completing land and buildings valuations with information about the 5-year revaluations and additional information on using the valuations.
- Updated to provide a link and guidance for completing a new online form replacing the Excel template.
- Updated cells in the spreadsheets with new information
- First published.