This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
How the government is working towards a zero waste economy by supporting the reduction, reuse and recycling of waste, and controlling hazardous waste.
Published: 9 April 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Updated the Making businesses responsible for what they produce section to include links to current consultation on changing the producer responsibility regulations.
- Added link to the Control of Waste (Dealing with Seized Property) (England and Wales) Regulations 2015.
- Added action to waste crime section linking to consultation on enhancing enforcement powers for regulators and seeking evidence on other measures to tackle waste crime and persistent poor performance.
- Updated to include link to Waste crime: new regulations for dealing with seized property in suspected waste offences consultation published today.
- Updated 'Regulating landfill sites and landfill waste' with recent research reports
- Updated: Dealing with waste crime
- Updated to include information on Innovation in Waste Prevention Fund.
- Updated to confirm that the 5p charge for single use plastic carrier bags will come into effect in October 2015.
- Updated waste crime section to reflect extra funding made available in 2014 budget.
- Minor change to page to reflect publication of regulations on material recovery facilities.
- Updated the text on the Waste Prevention Programme for England to reflect that it has been published.
- Information added on current European Commission review of its waste legislation.
- Added a section on single use carrier bags.
- Updated the 'Getting the right infrastructure in place to deal with waste' content.
- Updated the 'Waste infrastructure delivery programme' content.
- Updated references to a consultation which is now closed.
- Added link to consultation for waste prevention programme for England.
- Amended hazardous waste designation date.
- Minor amendments to hazardous waste supporting page to reflect designation of NPS.
- Amended policy on landfill to reflect commitment to review textiles and food waste.
- Fixed links to publications.
- Amended policy page on Hazardous waste to include publication of national policy statement.
- First published.