This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The government will develop a new high speed network (HS2) to provide the rail capacity that Britain needs.
Published: 3 October 2012
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Added links to the HS2 Phase One hybrid bill and updated environmental statement.
- Added a link to the HS2 property compensation consultation 2013.
- Announcing the consultation about the proposed route and sustainability impacts of HS2 phase two.
- Added links to safeguarding directions for phase one.
- HS2 phase two initial preferred route and phase two consultation on an exceptional hardship scheme announced.
- First published.