2010 to 2015 government policy: business enterprise
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Government support for small to medium-sized businesses and start-ups: from finance to help and advice.
PDF, 950KB, 4 pages
PDF, 362KB, 25 pages
Published: 12 December 2012
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Updated the text on the Funding for Lending Scheme.
- New publication added: "GrowthAccelerator: interim evaluation 2014"
- GrowthAccelerator is now part of the Business Growth Service, so GrowthAccelerator information replaced with information about the Business Growth Service.
- Information added on the new Business Banking Insight survey.
- Understanding localised policy interventions: start-up loans in England’s south-west added.
- Updated section on Growth Vouchers to reflect news relating to the launch of the initiative.
- Added two new reports 'SMEs: enablers of success and economic rationale for government intervention' and 'Understanding localised policy interventions in business support and skills'.
- Publication added: Demand for mentoring among small and medium-sized enterprises
- Update on the re-focus of the Funding for Lending Scheme towards lending to SMEs in 2014.
- Detail added: Taking tax off jobs for small businesses
- Added 2 new joint BIS/DEFRA research reports to the Enterprise and Economic Development Analysis (EEDA) Research supporting detail page: 1) An assessment of the degree to which rural businesses access national mainstream employer skills and government business support programmes: evidence report 2) An assessment of the degree to which rural businesses access national mainstream employer skills and government business support programmes: synthesis report
- contact information for Business Finance Partnership updated
- Added a link and latest statistics on Business Finance Partnership
- Updated to include Growth Vouchers programme on the 'Helping businesses and start-ups get advice and support' page.
- modified supporting page to reflect addition of a fund - ICG
- Added 'Understanding growth in microbusinesses' to publications on EEDA research page.
- Updated information on Business Finance Partnership.
- Amended three links 'business in you' 'enterprise village' and investinthefuture' so that they went live.
- First published.