The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) publish official statistics on non-domestic rating, Council Tax and the private rental market.
We’ve grouped our official statistics into 3 topics:
Recent and upcoming publications
The release calendar shows the VOA’s planned publication dates for the coming year. We encourage users to check this schedule regularly for revisions. Publication of our statistics happens at 9:30am on the stated day of release.
This list shows official and ad hoc statistics released recently or those planned to be released in the next few months.
22 June 2017: Private rental market summary statistics – April 2016 to March 2017 (official)
29 June 2017: Council Tax: stock of properties 2017(official)
6 July 2017: Private rental market in London – July 2016 to June 2017 (ad hoc)
26 July 2017: Update: Private rental market summary statistics – April 2016 to March 2017: Addition of bedroom maps (official)
24 August 2017: Council Tax: challenges and changes in England and Wales, 2016-17 (official)
September 2017: Non-domestic rating: change in rateable value of rating lists, England and Wales, 2017 (update) (ad hoc)
October: Private rental market in London – October 2016 to September 2017 (ad hoc)
Ad hoc statistics
Publications made by the VOA that aren’t official statistics are released as ad hoc statistics. This includes:
- experimental statistics
- supplementary datasets related to our official statistics
- data in support of the VOA’s operational reporting
Search VOA statistics
You can search VOA statistics by keyword and date of publication.
GOV.UK contains statistics the VOA has published since November 2014. You can find our previous statistical releases on the National Archive website.
Corporate procedures and standards
We use the document how national and official statistics are assured to guide our production of official statistics. We also follow the UK Statistics Authority’s Code of Practice for official statistics.
We comply with the Code of Practice and supporting principles, as outlined in the detailed policy statements:
- VOA revisions policy
- VOA statement of compliance with the Pre-Release Access to Official Statistics Order 2008
- VOA confidentiality and access policy
Further policy statements will be added here in due course.
The VOA’s Freedom of Information disclosure log
We comply with the Freedom of Information Act 2000. If, under this act, we provide data to a requester that aren’t available in our standard statistical publications, we simultaneously make the data available to the public on our disclosure log.
We’ll not disclose data (such as addresses) that can help identify people or organisations.
For disclosures issued before 2015 please visit the National Archive website.
Below are additional resources relating to non-domestic rating, Council Tax and the private rental market:
Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG)
- National non-domestic rates collected by councils
- Council Tax statistics
- Tables on rents, lettings and tenancies from English Housing Survey
- StatsWales: non-domestic rates collection
- Council Tax statistics and research
- StatsWales: private sector rents
- Non-domestic rates revaluation appeals
- Council Tax collection statistics
- Council Tax data
- Private sector rent statistics, Scotland, 2010 to 2015
Scottish Assessors Association (SAA)
- Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency
- Housing stock statistics
- Summary of valuation lists 2015-2016
- Prime rate per square metre for shops, offices, warehouses and factories
Private rental market resources
- Index of private housing rental prices (IPHRP) in Great Britain
- Johnson review of UK Consumer Price Statistics
- The Association of Residential Lettings Agents members survey of the private rented sector
- UK Statistics Authority consultation: measuring consumer prices - the options for change