What we do
We are a publicly funded, industry-led organisation that offers guidance on skills and employment issues in the UK.
Who we are
Our commissioners are a social partnership made up of CEOs from large and small businesses, employment advisers and trade union representatives from across the UK. Our team of around 100 staff is based in London and South Yorkshire. UKCES is registered in England and Wales under company number 06425800.
We are responsible for:
- giving businesses and people advice on the labour market so they can make informed decisions
- carrying out employment and skills policies to develop a workforce that can compete internationally
- helping more employers invest in their employees’ skills
Our objectives for 2015 to 2016 are to:
- lead the debate with industry to drive better outcomes for skills, jobs and growth
- work with industrial partnerships and wider networks to push forward employer ownership of skills
- test ‘what works’ in addressing barriers to growth through people and inform industry and government policies
- help businesses realise the potential of their people through Investors in People
Access our information
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in Welsh. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information.