When we ask you for personal information, we pledge:
- to make sure you know why we need it
- to only ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information
- to protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- to let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better public services - and if you can say no
- to make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary
- not to make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete your personal information
- how we check the information we hold is accurate and up to date
- how to make a complaint
- how to find out what personal information we hold about you
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that the UK Commission for Employment and Skills (UKCES) holds about you. This is known as a ‘Subject Access Request’. If you want to ask whether UKCES holds any personal data relating to you, please write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
UK Commission for Employment and Skills
Before we can act on your request, you will need to supply proof of your identity. This should include a photocopy of the identification pages of your current passport or of a current photo driving licence; and the original of a current utilities bill (for example, gas or electricity), or credit card or bank statement, which includes your name and current address. This can be returned to you if required. If you do not have any of these forms of identification, please contact the Data Protection Officer, who will assist you.
The Data Protection Act allows us 40 calendar days to provide you with your personal information. This starts from the date we receive a request that includes enough information for us to identify you and find the information. We will try to provide your information as soon as we can within this time.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by writing to us at the address above.