What we do
We set the tests to assess children in education from early years to the end of key stage 2.
We also develop the professional skills tests for trainee teachers and manage the Yellow Label Service for secure dispatch of traceable exam scripts.
Who we are
We’re an executive agency of the Department for Education, with around 100 staff based throughout the UK, in Coventry, London, Nottingham, Sheffield and Manchester.
We’re responsible for:
- developing high quality national curriculum tests to meet the criteria of the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation
- supporting schools to carry out the testing and then managing the assessment
- managing the submission and moderation of teacher assessment
- developing the professional skills tests for trainee teachers
- managing the Yellow Label Service to make sure exam scripts reach examiners reliably
From 2014 to 2015, our priorities will be to:
- deliver the 2014 national curriculum test cycle
- prepare for the 2015 national curriculum test cycle
- develop tests to support the new national curriculum from 2016
- deliver the Professional Skills Tests for prospective teachers Providing the logistics service for General Qualifications