Social media use
Ofsted's social media and moderation policy for its channels.
We regularly monitor messages we receive on Twitter @OfstedNews and respond to as many queries as we can between 9am and 5pm. We do not respond out of hours.
Unfortunately we cannot comment on the details of specific inspections.
Find out how to complain about Ofsted’s staff or service. Different procedures apply if you would like to complain about a school or childminder, or if you have concerns about other issues (eg child protection).
We reserve the right to take action, including blocking or reporting users, if their tweets:
- contain abusive, obscene, indecent or offensive language, or link to obscene or offensive material
- contain swear words or other sorts of profanity
- are consistently unrelated to our work
- contain abusive language towards individuals
- constitute spam or promote or advertise products, unless these are for a relevant event, publication or similar
- are designed to cause nuisance to the page administrator or other users
- knowingly misrepresent Ofsted’s views or guidance
Please contact our press office if you’re a journalist.
8.30am to 6pm Monday to Friday 0300 013 0415
Freedom of information (FOI)
Please contact us directly to make an FOI request.
FOI requests for Ofsted
Other ways of contacting us
Contact form https://contact.ofsted...
General enquiries 0300 123 1231
About schools 0300 123 4234
About concerns 0300 123 4666
Fax 0300 123 3159
The helpline is open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm. On Thursday and Friday 17 and 18 August our phonelines will be unavailable between 10.00am and 12.00pm. We apologise for any inconvenience.