The board is responsible for governance of LAA. It provides support and advice to the chief executive, and makes decisions on business priorities.
The board members are:
- Shaun McNally, Chief Executive, Legal Aid Agency (Chair)
- Adrian Hannell, Interim Director of Finance, LAA and Operations Group (Deputy Chair)
- Ruth Wayte, Principal Legal Adviser, Legal Aid Agency
- Jane Harbottle, LAA Operations Committee Chair
- David Thomas, LAA Change Committee Chair
- Samantha Milton, LAA People Committee Chair
- Paul Henson, LAA Finance & Risk Committee Chair
- John Grosvenor, Finance Non-Executive Board Member (who is also Chair of the Agency’s Audit and Risk Assurance Committee)
- Andrew Lockley, Legal Non-Executive Board Member
- Deep Sagar, Commercial Non-Executive Board Member
LAA Audit Committee
The audit committee supports the board and the chief executive. They make decisions on internal and external audits, corporate governance, anti-fraud policies, internal control and risk management, and the agency’s annual accounts.
Its members are the LAA’s 3 non-executive board members. Regular attendees also include an internal audit representative, National Audit Office representatives, as well as the LAA’s chief executive, finance and performance director and head of internal audit.
LAA framework document
Arrangements for the governance, accountability, financing, staffing and operation of the Legal Aid Agency are set out in the LAA framework document.