The board is responsible for governance of LAA. It provides support and advice to the chief executive, and makes decisions on business priorities.
The board members are:
- Jane Harbottle, Interim Chief Executive, Legal Aid Agency (Chair)
- Lorna Maden, Interim Director of Finance, LAA and Operations Group
- Alistair Adan, Co-Chair of Operations Committee
- Samantha Milton, Co-Chair of Operations Committee
- Hamza Yusuf, People Committee Chair
- Hannah Payne, Agency Transformation Programme
- David Thomas, LAA Finance and Risk Committee Chair
- Deep Sagar, Commercial Non-Executive Board Member
- Calum Mercer, Finance Non-Executive Board Member
- Professor Suzanne Rab, Legal Non-Executive Board Member
LAA Audit Committee
The audit committee supports the board and the chief executive. They make decisions on internal and external audits, corporate governance, anti-fraud policies, internal control and risk management, and the agency’s annual accounts.
Its members are the LAA’s 3 non-executive board members. Regular attendees also include an internal audit representative, National Audit Office representatives, as well as the LAA’s chief executive, finance and performance director and head of internal audit.
LAA framework document
Arrangements for the governance, accountability, financing, staffing and operation of the Legal Aid Agency are set out in the LAA framework document.
LAA departmental review
Departmental review of the Legal Aid Agency.