What we do
We investigate the handling of complaints about the judicial appointments process, and the handling of complaints involving judicial discipline or conduct.
Who we are
We are a team of 8, including the ombudsman, based in London.
Our responsibilities fall into 2 distinct categories.
For judicial appointment complaints, we are responsible for:
- making suggestions to the Lord Chancellor and the Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC) on how to proceed when a complaint has been upheld
- recommending changes to procedure in order to prevent the same issues from happening again
- proposing that compensation be paid if we believe a complainant has suffered because of any maladministration (ie mismanagement)
For judicial conduct complaints, we are responsible for:
- asking the Judicial Conduct Investigations Office, a tribunal president, or magistrates’ advisory committee to re-investigate a complaint where appropriate
- asking disciplinary panels to examine complaints
- recommending changes to procedure in order to prevent the same issue from happening again
- proposing that compensation be paid if we believe that a complainant has suffered because of maladministration
Access our information
Jobs and contracts