The Government Property Agency (GPA) delivers property and workplace solutions across government. We are introducing a portfolio-led approach to managing central government general purpose property as a strategic asset. We will drive benefits through more efficient and effective use of the estate. We will do this through:
- Owning and operating the central government general purpose estate.
- Partnering with client departments to realise best value outcomes for the taxpayer, great workplaces and ways of working for civil servants.
The GPA is an enabler for the delivery of Civil Service transformation, and the Government’s priorities for regional growth and strengthening the Union.
Who we are
The GPA is an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office. The Sponsor Team is based within the Office of Government Property, in the Cabinet Office. GPA is a national organisation, working with client departments across the country. In addition to London, we currently have a presence in Swindon, Coventry, Newport, Manchester, Leeds, and Norwich.
The GPA will transform the way property is managed in Government. It will do this by:
- partnering with departments as property professionals and trusted advisors to bring innovation and solutions that position real estate as an enabler of business delivery.
- taking a strategic portfolio approach to the non-specialist assets that are transferred to the agency from departments, through maximising utilisation and reducing costs, developing and delivering place-based strategies.
- deploying commercial property expertise in supplier negotiations to enhance value for Government and the taxpayer.
- delivering an effective fully integrated corporate real estate service, including estates and facilities management.
- developing and sharing specialist asset management and commercial advisory services with departments.
- improving the quality and transparency of data on the asset portfolio managed by GPA to better inform asset management and commercial decision-making.
- improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the government estate.
- managing the central government general purpose property portfolio strategically to realise benefits that departments cannot achieve on their own.
- enhancing commercial expertise within government property to maximise capital receipts from the disposal of surplus assets and releasing land for productive use including housing.
- providing innovative and flexible property solutions to support departments in business change and workforce transformation.
- improving working environments on the government estate, supporting new ways of working, driving productivity and engagement.