The Government Digital Service (GDS) is governed by the Ministerial Group on Government Digital Technology, and the digital, data and technology leaders of the central government departments and devolved administrations.
GDS is guided by the GDS Advisory Board, Data Steering Group and Privacy and Consumer Advisory Group.
Technology and Digital Leaders Network (TDLN)
The Digital Leaders Network (DLN) was created in early 2012 to help promote the digital agenda across government. The Technology Leaders Network (TLN) was established in 2013 to help make sure government is equipped with the right technology to deliver great digital services.
In 2017, members of the TLN and the DLN were consulted and agreed to combine the networks. The TDLN will help make more effective cross-government digital and technology decisions to meet the aims of the Digital Transformation Strategy.
The first meeting of the TDLN took place in March 2018 and it meets on a monthly basis.
The TDLN is chaired by John Strudwick, Government Digital Service and made up of the following cross-government organisations:
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Crown Commercial Service
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Education
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Transport
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- Department for International Trade
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
- Government Legal Department
- Home Office
- Her Majesty’s Passport Office
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- Her Majesty’s Treasury
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Ministry of Justice
- National Cyber Security Centre
- Office for National Statistics
- Scottish Government
- Serious Fraud Office
- The National Archives
- Welsh Government
Data Leaders Network
The Data Leaders Network was established in 2015 to ensure that departments’ approach to the use and management of data properly enables the delivery of government policy and operational objectives.
On 1 April 2018, the Secretariat team running the Data Leaders Network moved to DCMS following a Machinery of Government change. For further information on Data Leaders, please contact the Secretariat via email@example.com.