The Digital Advisory Board closed in February 2016. The group has been replaced by the GDS Advisory Board.
The Digital Advisory Board had a wide range of participants from across the retail, digital and academic sector, many of them having delivered successful services on a very large scale.
Role of the board
The Digital Advisory Board, announced by Francis Maude in April 2012, challenged the government to deliver better services for users. It was the next step on the journey to achieving Digital by Default services and information provision across government.
The board met twice a year.
The group’s members were:
- Martha Lane Fox CBE, UK Digital Champion
- Richard Allan, Facebook
- Alex Balfour, LOCOG
- James Bilefield, Conde Naste International
- Tim Brooks, The Knowledge Engineers
- Ashley Friedlein, Centaur Marketing and Econsultancy
- Brent Hoberman, PROfounders Capital
- Tim Jackson, Lean Investments LP
- Ashley Machin, Lloyds Banking Group
- Professor Helen Margetts, Oxford Internet Institute
- Trevor Mather, Trader Media Group
- Brian McBride, ASOS
- Doug McCallum, eBay
- Kevin McQuillan, British Airways
- Kip Meek, Everything Everywhere
- Will Perrin, Talk About Local
- Sue Unerman, MediaCom
- Laura Wade-Gery, Marks & Spencer