We do this through GOV.UK, Digital Identity and Government as a Platform to help people interact with government, and support government to operate more effectively and efficiently.
We also maintain and improve these cross-government platforms and tools:
Our priority is to help government offer user-focused services by supporting cross-government digital transformation. To do this we will:
- provide vital information and services for users through GOV.UK
- support government’s response to COVID-19 by providing digital leadership and tools to enable services to be rapidly built and deployed
- maintain, iterate and improve the services and tools we provide to the rest of government
- increase the use of shared platforms and components across government
- support departments by strengthening their digital capability and providing direct support for major digital projects
- enhance government’s digital capability through the GDS Academy
Find out more about our longer term strategy for 2021-2024.
Who we are
We employ more than 800 staff all over the UK, with hubs in Bristol, London and Manchester.