Simpler, Better, Safer
Our goal is to get the right drivers and vehicles taxed and on the road, as simply, safely and efficiently for the public as possible.
Full details of what we do are in our strategic plan for 2017 to 2020.
Services and standards
Our service standard processing times start when we receive your application and end when we send out your documents and our decisions.
- 95% of driving licences in 5 working days
- 95% of vocational driving licences in 5 working days
- 95% of digital tachographs in 5 working days
Drivers medical service
To conclude medical cases and make a licensing decision on 90% of cases within 90 working days.
To dispatch 95% of vehicle registration certificates V5C (log books) in 5 working days.
We will answer 95% of all calls queued to an advisor in 5 minutes.
What you can expect from us
- be fair and inclusive
- treat you with dignity and respect
- be open and honest
- keep your personal details confidential and handle information about you in line with data protection law (although we may need to share it with third parties but will only do so if lawful and necessary)
- listen to your views
- a service in both English and Welsh in accordance with the Welsh Language Scheme
- an email and web chat service
- a translation service through Big Word if you don’t speak English or Welsh (for driving licence and medical enquiries ring 0906 737 0012, and for vehicle registration and tax enquiries ring 0906 737 0013)
- most information in an alternative format on request