Who we are
We work collaboratively across government to facilitate the development of an integrated offer that helps departments attract, develop and retain the people and skills they need in digital, data and technology.
We are based at the Government Digital Service in London.
Digital, data and technology are a core part of the Civil Service functional model.
Our work covers the following areas:
- career management
- attraction and recruitment
- learning and development
- pay and reward
- employer brand and culture
- workforce planning
Our strategy aims to ensure a coordinated and holistic approach across all departments by maximising, sharing and building on existing best practice both within the government and the industry.
Our priorities are to:
- bring consistency to job roles and ensure common language across all departments through a common Capability Framework
- facilitate the creation of career pathways for digital, data and technology communities of practice
- enable workforce planning across the digital, data and technology function
- develop and deploy effective attraction and recruitment practices
- create a training and development proposition for digital, data and technology professionals through the GDS Academy
- work on a more consistent approach towards pay and reward for the profession
- support the development of a culture of collaboration and sharing that enables innovation and agility across government