Department for International Trade (DIT) promotes British trade across the world and ensures the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities open to us. This secures and improves the economic well-being and stability of the UK, and helps create tens of thousands of jobs every year.
Read more about what we do and the services we provide.
We advertise all our UK jobs on the Civil Service jobs site.
Local overseas vacancies are advertised on Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) Local Posts. Applicants for local roles are based in that country and need to be able to work in the main local language.
Find out about working for the Civil Service.
We employ staff in London, across the UK and around the world. Our teams overseas are made up of UK-based British civil servants and colleagues who are employed locally by a British Diplomatic mission overseas.
Develop your career in DIT
We offer a wide variety of career opportunities – from developing and negotiating free trade agreements to promoting export and investment opportunities. We value professional expertise that includes:
- policy making and delivery
- contract management
- marketing and communications
- human resources (HR)
- project management
- event delivery
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Benefits of working for DIT
DIT is a rewarding place to work, offering:
- job satisfaction: making a positive contribution to the UK’s economy
- flexible working
- family friendly policies including maternity, adoption or shared parental leave, available with up to 26 weeks full pay, followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
- 2 weeks full pay available for paternity leave
- unique and exciting roles within government
- learning and development opportunities
- an equal and diverse workplace
- opportunities to travel and work overseas
- competitive salaries and benefits packages