Department for International Trade (DIT) promotes British trade across the world and ensures the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities open to us. This secures and improves the economic well-being and stability of the UK. It also helps create tens of thousands of jobs every year.
We employ staff in London, across the UK and around the world. Our teams overseas are made up of UK-based British civil servants and colleagues who are employed locally by a British Diplomatic mission overseas.
Read more about what we do and the services we provide.
What we offer
DIT is a rewarding place to work, offering:
- job satisfaction: making a positive contribution to the UK’s economy
- unique and exciting roles within government
- competitive salaries and benefits packages
- learning and development opportunities
- opportunities to travel and work overseas
- flexible working options
- generous annual leave and bank holiday allowance
- Civil Service Pension Scheme
- family friendly policies including maternity, adoption or shared parental leave, available with up to 26 weeks full pay, followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
- 2 weeks full pay available for paternity leave
- season ticket loans
- cycle to work scheme
- an equal and diverse workplace
We advertise all our UK jobs on the Civil Service jobs site.
Local overseas vacancies are advertised on Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) Local Posts. Applicants for local roles are based in that country and need to be able to work in the main local language.
Find out about working for the Civil Service.
Candidate support: application and interview
We provide support in applying for our vacancies through virtual candidate support sessions. These are one hour sessions that will include a breakdown of our adverts. They will demonstrate where to find what we’re looking for in an application and how to best construct your interview responses from the information we provide.
Sign up to a candidate support session.
Develop your career in DIT
We offer a wide variety of career opportunities – from developing and negotiating free trade agreements to promoting export and investment opportunities. We value professional expertise that includes:
- policy making and delivery
- contract management
- marketing and communications
- human resources (HR)
- project management
- event delivery
We are an equal opportunities employer.
All successful applicants will need to undergo security checks. Read more about national security vetting.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.