Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
& Industrial Strategy
Government launches ‘It All Adds Up’ campaign with simple actions to cut bills by bringing down the amount of energy needed to keep homes warm and stay safe.
Passengers will be boarding the world’s first fully sized, self-driving bus service in Edinburgh from the Spring, after it was awarded a share of £81 million in joint UK government and industry support for self-driving transport technology.
Overseas organisations owning UK land must have publicly declared their true owners, under world leading UK laws to crack down on dirty money.
Grant Shapps outlines his vision for ‘Scale-Up Britain’ in a keynote speech to business leaders at Davos.
Households across Northern Ireland to start receiving £600 UK government energy support
Support for energy bills coming to Northern Ireland, with vouchers beginning to reach people today, and delivery continuing over the next few weeks.
Former Energy Minister Chris Skidmore publishes his Net Zero Review, outlining the opportunities offered by net zero.
Latest from the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
What we do
Leading economy-wide transformation by backing enterprise and long-term growth, generating cheaper, cleaner, homegrown energy and unleashing the UK as a science superpower through innovation.
BEIS is supported by 23 agencies and public bodies.
- National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates
- Apply for alternative fuel bill support if you do not get it automatically
News and communications
- Horizon Europe guarantee: updates for the UK research and development sector
- DBT unveils new 'Help to Grow' site to support businesses and grow the economy
Policy papers and consultations
- Non-domestic alternative fuel payment applications: scheme documents
- Contracts for Difference: contract changes for Allocation Round 5
Transparency and freedom of information releasesSee all transparency and freedom of information releases
1 Victoria Street
Couriered package deliveries to 1 Victoria St
C/O Unit 10
Electra Business Park
All couriered packages for 1 Victoria St (except Royal Mail deliveries) should be delivered to this address.
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information requests
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
1 Victoria Street
We are unable to respond promptly to letters sent in the post at the moment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we can respond to your enquiry as quickly as possible.
High profile groups within BEIS
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in Welsh. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information.