The Government Science and Engineering Profession board.
Members of the Government Science and Engineering (GSE) Profession board are Heads of Science and Engineering Profession (HoSEPs).
HoSEPs are responsible for championing the GSE Profession and ensuring that it meets the needs of the scientists and engineers in their organisations.
- Professor Sir Mark Walport – Government Chief Scientific Adviser and Head of GSE Profession
- Dr Mark Bale – Department of Health (DH)
- Professor Stephen Belcher – Met Office
- Professor Phil Blythe – Department for Transport (DfT)
- Professor Ian Boyd – Department for Environment, Farming and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Professor Andrew Curran – Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Julyan Elbro – Acting HoSEP, Intellectual Property Office (IPO)
- Professor Anthony Finkelstein – National Security
- Professor Robin Grimes – Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)
- JT Janssen - National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
- Professor John Loughhead OBE – Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Jonathan Lyle – Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) and Ministry of Defence (MOD)
- Dr Christine McCartney – Acting HoSEP, Public Health England (PHE)
- Professor Guy Poppy – Food Standards Agency (FSA)
- Alan Pratt – Home Office (HO) and Centre for Applied Science and Technology (CAST)
- Christian Schneider - Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Professor Charlotte Watts - Department for International Development (DFID)
- Cabinet Office – in the process of being appointed
- Professor Julie Williams CBE – Welsh government
- Scottish government – in the process of being appointed