The Government Science and Engineering Profession board.
Members of the Government Science and Engineering (GSE) Profession Board are Heads of Science and Engineering Profession (HoSEPs).
HoSEPs are responsible for championing the GSE profession and ensuring that it meets the needs of the scientists and engineers in their organisations.
- Professor Chris Whitty – Interim Government Chief Scientific Adviser and interim Head of GSE profession
- Dr Mark Bale – Department of Health (DH)
- Professor Stephen Belcher – Met Office
- Professor Phil Blythe – Department for Transport (DfT)
- Professor Ian Boyd – Department for Environment, Farming and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Professor Andrew Curran – Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Sean Dennehey - Intellectual Property Office (IPO)
- Professor Hugh Durrant-Whyte - Ministry of Defence (MOD)
- Professor Anthony Finkelstein – National Security
- Professor Robin Grimes – Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)
- Mike J - Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre (HMGCC)
- Dr Owen Jackson - Cabinet Office
- Dr JT Janssen - National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
- Professor John Loughhead OBE – Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Dr Christine McCartney – Acting HoSEP, Public Health England (PHE)
- Dr Kathryn Monk - Natural Resources Wales (NRW)
- Professor Guy Poppy – Food Standards Agency (FSA)
- Alan Pratt – Home Office (HO) and Centre for Applied Science and Technology (CAST)
- Dr Christian Schneider - Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Professor Charlotte Watts - Department for International Development (DFID)