Professor Tim Dafforn is Chief Entrepreneurial Adviser at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). Prior to this appointment he was Chief Scientific Adviser at the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS).
His career highlights include:
- Entrepreneur in residence at BIS
- Head of Policy and member of the executive at the Biochemical Society
- Member of the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) new ways of working strategy panel
- Member of the Synthetic Biology Leadership Council
- Former Director of Knowledge Transfer, Life and Environmental Sciences at the University of Birmingham
- Founder of Linear Diagnostics Ltd and Dioptica Scientific Ltd
His career includes more than 100 publications and a lifetime research grant capture of £10 million.
Chief Entrepreneurial Adviser
Previous roles in government
BIS Chief Scientific Adviser
- 2015 to 2016