What we share and how we moderate comments on the Animal and Plant Health Agency’s (APHA) Twitter and Facebook accounts.
We may also retweet notable announcements by other government departments and agencies, or other organisations which are relevant to the work of APHA.
We update and monitor our accounts from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (not including public holidays). However, in the event of an emergency such as a disease outbreak, we will tweet or post updates in our out-of-office hours.
Twitter may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime or problems with the internet. We reserve the right to delete our accounts at any time.
Following our accounts
If you choose to follow our accounts, we will not automatically follow you. We may follow organisations and individuals which we regard relevant to APHA, but this isn’t an endorsement of any kind. We reserve the right to unfollow or remove accounts we believe are malicious or spam.
Monitoring our social media
While we welcome comments and tweets, we reserve the right to delete posts that contain:
- an attempt to impersonate another person or falsify your identity
- content which could incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality
- commercial endorsement or promotion of products or services
- abusive, obscene or offensive language
- personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- content which may be breaking the law
- party political material
- content which could cause a security or privacy risk
We will report any posts or tweets considered slanderous or threatening towards named staff to the police, and Facebook and Twitter as appropriate.
Responding to our social media
We welcome your feedback, but we can’t reply to all postings.
For press enquiries contact, email@example.com or phone 01905 765214.