This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
This release contains official statistics on the Future Jobs Fund element of the Young Person’s Guarantee, October 2009 to January 2010.
This release contains official statistics on the Future Jobs Fund element of the Young Person’s Guarantee, covering the period October 2009 to January 2010.
The key statistics are:
Between October 2009 and January 2010:
- 8,660 DWP claimants started a Future Jobs Fund job.
Future Jobs Fund starter demographics:
- 5,510 are male, 1,890 are female (1,250 are unknown)
- 5,920 are aged 18-24 and 1,490 are aged 25 or over (1,260 are unknown)
- 1,050 are recorded as having a disability and 6,360 are recorded as not having a disability (1,250 are unknown)
- 5,880 are from a White ethnic group and 960 are from an ethnic minority group (1,820 are unknown)
This release does not yet include statistics on the other strands of the Young Person’s Guarantee. In line with the UK Statistics Authority’s Code of Practice, we will not publish statistics on the other strands until the data sources have been fully quality assured.
Notes to Editors:
- This release is published on 26th May 2010. It can be found on the internet at http://research.dwp.gov.uk/asd/recent_statistics.asp