Opportunities for UK automotive and aerospace exporters will be outlined at our workshop in Budapest in July 2014.
In the run up to the Hungarian Grand Prix in July, the British Embassy in Budapest is hosting an automotive and aerospace workshop. This is part of the GREAT Britain campaign which aims to:
- provide insights into doing business in the Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) region
- introduce business opportunities in the CEE region
- showcase the best of British technology and innovation
The workshop will give UK companies the opportunity to:
- get a first-hand overview of industry trends and the future outlook from industry expert consultants
- meet industry leader Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and listen to the expectations of key decision makers
- connect with other members of the UK and CEE automotive and aerospace supply chain
- benefit from the knowledge of universities, research centres and industry experts
- attend a VIP reception at the Ambassador’s residence with F1 celebrities, team members, automotive and aerospace industry Chief Executive Officers (CEOs)
Find out about the workshop programme and sign up to attend at www.GREATF1workshop.co.uk.
If you are unable to attend, register for our Automotive and Aerospace Webinar at 11am Central Europe Time (CET) on 24 July 2014.
The CEE region is made up of:
- Czech Republic
The automotive industry in the CEE region:
- has a turnover of about £118 billion, almost the double UK’s £60 billion
- has increased its output by 170% between 2009 to2014
- has produced about 3.5 million vehicles by its 44 Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- contributes an average of 10% to the CEE countries Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
The aerospace industry in the CEE region has averaged 10% growth annually.
Local companies offering great potential for UK companies include:
- Pratt & Whitney, Augusta Westland, Sikorsky, General Electric EDC, EADS in Poland
- GE Aviation, LET Aircraft Industries, Aero Vodochody in the Czech Republic
- Romaero, UAC Maramures, EADS Premium Aerotech, Eurocopter in Romania