British Prime Minister The Rt Hon David Cameron MP is visiting Bangalore Wednesday 28 July and New Delhi Thursday 29 July 2010. David Cameron last visited India in 2006.
Mr Cameron will be accompanied to India by Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne, Business Minister Vince Cable, Foreign Minister William Hague, Culture Minister Jeremy Hunt, Minister of State for Energy and Climate Change Gregory Barker, Minister of State for Universities and Science, within the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills David Willetts and a delegation of senior British business executives, academicians, civil society leaders, sport and cultural figures.
The purpose of this Operational Note is to list events during his visit which are open to the media and to set out how journalists can cover the following events.
Journalists who wish to cover the events must hold PIB accreditation. In addition they must give their name to event organisers at least a day before the event takes place. Only journalists with PIB accreditation and with their name on the list held by event organisers will be allowed to cover events.
Journalists will be directed to designated areas on arrival. For practical reasons only a limited number of press will be allowed to attend some events.
LIST OF EVENTS
Wednesday 28 JULY 2010
- Call on Governor Karnataka, Raj Bhawan Please contact Karnataka State Information Department for more details.
- Leadership event, organised by UK’s Common Purpose programme and Infosys, at Infosys Campus, Hosur Road, Bangalore. Please email Sarah Gideon or call on mobile: 9006476631.
- Keynote Speech, at Infosys Campus, Hosur Road, Bangalore. Please email Sarah Gideon or call on mobile: 9006476631.
- Visit to HAL, Old Airport Road, Bangalore. Please Contact: Rajan Joseph Joel, PRO, HAL, Tel.: 080 2522 2418
Thursday 29 July 2010
- UK-India Economic Summit (Taj Palace Hotel, Sardar Patel Marg), Please email Harleen Sachdeva or call on mobile: 9999912015.
For other events listed below, please visit the MEA website (Indian Ministry of External Affairs) media advisory or contact Mr Prakash Gupta, OSD-PR, External Publicity Division, Ministry of External Affairs at Tel: 23383462.