VCSE Health and Wellbeing Alliance members announced
New alliance aims to bring the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector’s voice and expertise into national policy making.
On 20 April 2017 the Department of Health, Public Health England and NHS England announced the 21 members of the new voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) Health and Wellbeing Alliance.
- Age UK
- Carers Partnership
- Citizen’s Advice
- Clinks, Nacro
- Complex Needs Consortium
- Friends, Families and Travellers
- Homeless Link
- Maternity Action
- Men’s Health Forum
- Mental Health Consortium
- National Voices
- National Association for Voluntary and Community Action
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations
- National Council for Palliative Care
- Race Equality Foundation
- The National LGB&T Partnership
- The Valuing People Alliance
- UK Health Forum
- Young People’s Health Partnership
- Win-Win Alliance
The members were selected from over 180 organisations that applied to join.
The alliance aims to make it easier for the voluntary and statutory sectors to work together to:
- improve health and care systems
- address health inequalities
- help people, families and communities to achieve and maintain wellbeing
It also aims to bring the VCSE sector’s voice and expertise into national policy making.
The alliance succeeds the Health and Care Strategic Partner Programme, which ended on 31 March 2017.