Use the DBS website to answer your query
Many of the queries you have can be answered using our website.
Checking our website will give you an instant answer and it’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Your most common queries include:
- what the DBS application process is
- where is my DBS application? Use online tracking to find out
- what each stage of the DBS checking process means
- how to join the update service
- how to find out more about the update service
- whether you’re eligible for a standard or enhanced DBS check
- how to refer a person to DBS
- what offences will be filtered from a DBS check
If you need more help after checking our website you can call the DBS helpline on 03000 200 190 or email email@example.com
Published: 28 July 2014
Updated: 11 October 2016
- Updated links for the most common queries.
- Updated links to common queries.
- Updated link to referral and barring guidance.
- Updated common queries
- Added a link to DBS filtering guidance.
- Added new common queries.
- First published.