Many of the queries you have can be answered using our website.
Checking our website will give you an instant answer and it’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Your most common queries include:
- what the DBS application process is
- where is my DBS application? Use online tracking to find out
- what each stage of the DBS checking process means
- how to join the update service
- how to find out more about the update service
- whether you’re eligible for a standard or enhanced DBS check
- how to refer a person to DBS
- what offences will be filtered from a DBS check
If you need more help after checking our website you can call the DBS helpline on 03000 200 190 or email email@example.com
Published: 28 July 2014
Updated: 11 October 2016
- Updated links for the most common queries.
- Updated links to common queries.
- Updated link to referral and barring guidance.
- Updated common queries
- Added a link to DBS filtering guidance.
- Added new common queries.
- First published.