UK government publishes its evidence to the Silk Commission
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The UK government has today published its evidence to the Commission on Devolution in Wales, the ‘Silk’ Commission.
The UK government has today (6 March 2013) published its evidence to the Commission on Devolution in Wales - the ‘Silk’ Commission - on Part II of its remit. The government submitted its evidence to the commission last week.
The evidence provides a detailed analysis of the workings of the current Welsh devolution settlement and has been collated from contributions provided by all UK government departments.
The Silk Commission will report on its findings in early 2014.
Secretary of State for Wales David Jones said:
The next stage of the Silk Commission has the potential to make an important contribution to ensuring a firm foundation for the longer-term governance of Wales within the United Kingdom.
The UK Government’s evidence provides the Silk Commission with a thorough and objective analysis of the Welsh devolution settlement which, I hope, the commission will find useful as it undertakes its work. I look forward to the Commission’s findings early next year.”
UK Government's Evidence to the Commission on Devolution in Wales - Part II: The Welsh Devolution Settlement
PDF, 731KB, 114 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Notes for editors
- The UK government has published its evidence in English and Welsh.
- The UK government submitted its evidence to the Silk Commission on 1 March.
- The Silk Commission was established by the UK Government in October 2011.
- Its remit is to review the financial and constitutional arrangements in Wales. The Commission’s terms of reference can be found here - http://commissionondevolutioninwales.independent.gov.uk/files/2011/11/Commission-ToR-Final.pdf
- The commission’s first report can be found here - http://commissionondevolutioninwales.independent.gov.uk/files/2013/01/English-WEB-main-report1.pdf
- The commission’s second report is due by spring 2014.