Tackling healthcare challenges: apply for business funding
Businesses can apply for a share of up to £12 million to develop innovative ideas that will help to detect, manage and treat disease.
The Biomedical Catalyst has up to £12 million to support innovative healthcare technologies and processes that could help to prevent disease or better manage and treat chronic health conditions.
Providing effective and efficient healthcare
Healthcare costs are rising across the world as a growing and ageing population brings with it an increasing burden of disease.
There is a greater need than ever to provide effective and efficient ways of meeting this healthcare challenge.
A range of projects
We are seeking projects across a range of fields including:
- stratified healthcare (both therapy and diagnostic components)
- advanced therapies (cell and gene therapy)
- digital health
- enabling medical technologies and devices
Funding is available for late-stage awards and could be for projects including:
- initial human proof-of-concept studies
- demonstration of clinical utility and effectiveness
- demonstration of safety and efficacy (including phase I and II clinical trials)
- developing production mechanisms
- market testing
- intellectual property protection
- the competition opens on 30 March 2017, and the deadline for registration is midday on 31 May 2017
- projects must be led by an SME either working alone or with others
- we expect projects to range in size from £250,000 to £4 million and to last between 12 and 36 months
- businesses could attract up to 70% of their project costs
- a briefing event for potential applicants takes place on 4 April 2017