Funding competition: biomedical catalyst 2017 round 2 late stage
UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £12 million to develop innovative ideas that will help solve healthcare challenges.
The aim of this competition is to develop innovative healthcare technologies and processes that will help provide one or more of the following:
- disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions
- earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease, leading to better patient outcomes
- tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures
This competition is for late stage awards only. It is seeking projects that test a well-developed concept and show effectiveness in a relevant environment.
We expect projects to range in size from total project costs of £250,000 to £4 million. Projects should last from 12 to 36 months. Projects must start by 1 February 2018 and end by 1 February 2021.
An SME must lead the project. The project must be carried out in the UK.
The competition opens on 30 March 2017.
You must register before midday on 31 May 2017.
You must apply before midday on 7 June 2017.
Watch the webinar briefing.
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.
Published: 24 March 2017
Updated: 6 April 2017
- Added link to the webinar briefing.
- Added the guidance for applicants and registration link.
- First published.