This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Latest weekly PIP implant data were released today by the Department of Health
The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
Latest weekly PIP implant data(covering the period 6th January to 19 February)
This release covers two weekly data collections monitoring the “NHS Offer” for patients who have had PIP implants.
The first collection monitors the extent to which patients who had PIP implants implanted privately have presented to the NHS.
The second collection tracks the care of those women who have previously had PIP implants implanted by the NHS. This collection covers the seven NHS providers which had used PIP implants on NHS patients in the past.
The key points from the latest data are:
Private PIP implants
- A total of 3,512 referrals have now been received, 553 of these were received during the last week (ie week ending 19 February).
- These referrals have been received by 118 trusts,
- Over 1,400 scans have now been completed and 282 of these were during the last week.
- The number of decisions to explant now stands at 120 and 16 of these have been explanted to date.
- 698 women have completed their NHS offer and 164 of these have been this week
- The collection splits the private patient data into 3 categories (Harley, Transform and Other). “Other” includes unknown so some of these patients may be identified in later weeks as Harley or Transform patients.
NHS PIP implants
- The latest estimate of the number of women with NHS PIP implants in place on 6th January is 747.
- A total of 683 women have been contacted to date.
- 10 scans have been completed. 33 decisions have been made to explant and 4 explant has already taken place.
- 3 women have completed their NHS offer
Full tables are available here.
We welcome feedback on the content and presentation of these statistics within this Statistical Press Notice and those published on the DH website. If anyone has any comments on this, or any other issues regarding the data and statistics, then please email: Unify2@dh.gsi.gov.uk
Press enquiries contact:
Department of Health
Telephone: 020 7210 5221
The Government Statistical Service (GSS) statistician responsible for producing these data is:
Knowledge and Intelligence
Department of Health
Room 4E63, Quarry House, Quarry Hill,LeedsLS2 7UE
Published: 24 February 2012
From: Department of Health