Dental Commissioning Statistics, England - March 2012
These statistics show the volume of units of dental activity (UDAs) commissioned by Primary Care Trusts as at the end of each quarter, for the proceeding 12 months.
The figures are broken down into two groups:
- UDAs commissioned where the dental service is being provided;
- UDAs commissioned in contracts not yet delivering services (for example, UDAs in new contracts, where the contract has been signed but the dental activity has not yet started).
Key findings this quarter:
- All 151 Commissioners (PCTs and Care Trusts) returned data.
- 89.8 million UDAs have been commissioned as at 31st March 2012.
- This represents an increase of 358,000 (0.40%) on the UDAs commissioned as at 31th December 2011.
Full dental contracts statistics can be found on the DH website.