Statistical Press notice: Access to GUM services
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Monthly Access to GUM services data for November 2011 published today This data shows the …
The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 30th November 2011.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours. Main findings are:
- The percentage of 1st appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.86% for November 2011, it was 99.80% for October 2011.
- The percentage of 1st attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of 1st attendances was 89.05% for November, 2011, it was 88.55% for October 2011.
- The total number of 1st attendances was 130,355 in November 2011 which is 5,925 per working day, it was 6,169 per working day in October 2011.
- The total number of attendances was 185,137 in November 2011 which is 8,415 per working day, it was 8,680 per working day in October 2011.
- The collection covers 133 NHS providers & 3 Independent Sector providers that are responsible for 207 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
Published: 26 January 2012
From: Department of Health