This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Monthly data on access to GUM services were released today by the Department of Health.
The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 30th June 2011
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours. Main findings are:
- The percentage of 1st appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.94% for June 2011, it was 99.83%for May 2011.
- The percentage of 1st attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of 1st attendances was 88.42% for June 2011, it was 88.27% for May 2011.
- The total number of 1st attendances was 136,684 in June 2011 which is 6,213 per working day, it was 6,375 per working day in May 2011.
- The total number of attendances was 192,776 in June 2011 which is 8,763 per working day, it was 8,999 per working day in May 2011.
- The collection covers 134 NHS providers & 3 Independent Sector providers that are responsible for 206 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
The GUMAMM data can be found on the Department of Health website.
Published: 18 August 2011
From: Department of Health