Monthly data on access to GUM services were released today by the Department of Health.
The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 30th June 2011
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours. Main findings are:
- The percentage of 1st appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.94% for June 2011, it was 99.83%for May 2011.
- The percentage of 1st attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of 1st attendances was 88.42% for June 2011, it was 88.27% for May 2011.
- The total number of 1st attendances was 136,684 in June 2011 which is 6,213 per working day, it was 6,375 per working day in May 2011.
- The total number of attendances was 192,776 in June 2011 which is 8,763 per working day, it was 8,999 per working day in May 2011.
- The collection covers 134 NHS providers & 3 Independent Sector providers that are responsible for 206 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
The GUMAMM data can be found on the Department of Health website.