The Government Chief Scientific Adviser will present on his 2015 annual report, Forensic Science and beyond: authenticity, provenance and assurance
The final conference programme for the 2016 Government Chemist conference has now been released.
The conference will be held at the Royal Society, London, from 21 to 22 June 2016.
Only two weeks remain to take advantage of discounted registration.
Book before 20 May 2016.
Science supporting trust in food
The conference will feature an opening address by the Government Chemist, Dr Derek Craston, and a keynote presentation from the Government Chief Scientific Adviser, Professor Sir Mark Walport, on his 2015 annual report on the power of forensic science and its many applications.
The conference will also include presentations on:
- the Food Authenticity Network
- the role of the UK customs laboratory in combating food and consumer goods fraud
- referee case outcomes
- DNA sequencing for food authentication
- allergen detection and management
- the National Food Crime Unit