Reappointment to the Animals in Science Committee
Chair and 6 members reappointed for further 2 years.
In addition to the recent recruitment of 7 new members, the Animals in Science Committee (ASC) has reappointed the chair and 6 of its members to independently advise the government on the use of animals in research for a further 2 years. This brings the current complement of members to 14.
Members were reappointed in light of their expertise in animal protection, research and ethics and in line with the needs of the current and forthcoming work program.
The reappointed committee members are:
- Dr John Landers (chair), senior research fellow, Oxford University
- Mr Ken Applebee, Director of Biological Services, Kings College London
- Professor Gail Davies, Professor in Human Geography, University of Exeter
- Professor Malcolm Macleod, Professor of Neurology and Translational Neuroscience, University of Edinburgh
- Ms Anna Rowland, Assistant Director of Policy, Business Transformation and Safeguarding, fitness to practice, General Medical Council (GMC)
- Dr Gilly Stoddart, Head of Science, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)
You can also read the committee member biographies.
Published: 14 October 2016