PHE is sponsoring a new award for best practice in whole systems commissioning for sexual health in England.
Public Health England (PHE) is delighted to announce its sponsorship of a new award for best practice in whole system commissioning to be presented at Brook and FPA’s UK Sexual Health Awards 2015. We are encouraging those who work in sexual health, reproductive health and HIV (SHRHH) to nominate colleagues demonstrating best practice.
Best Practice in Whole System Commissioning will join the 9 other prestigious awards which celebrate best practice in SHRHH at the annual event.
PHE identified system leadership as one of its key objectives for SHRHH and has developed a guide to help commissioners ensure that service users experience integrated, responsive services that deliver the best outcomes. PHE wants to recognise the excellent work commissioners are undertaking in a highly complex system. Your nomination can be for anybody who works directly or indirectly on commissioning.
The panel is looking for:
- evidence of undertaking and developing a whole systems approach to commissioning
- examples where teams and organisations have maximised opportunities to jointly commission across different parts of the SHRHH system
- maximised opportunities to tackle the wider determinates of health
- evidence of putting people at the centre of commissioning to improve patient journeys and experience
- inspirational people and teams who work to foster great working relationships across the sector within commissioning
- evidence of drawing on the views of clinicians and service users to inform commissioning decisions
- individuals and teams deserving of recognition for their hard work and dedication to SHRHH commissioning
For PHE’s guide to whole systems commissioning: Making it Work.
Make your nomination for the PHE award, Best Practice in Whole System Commissioning UK Sexual Health Awards 2015.
PHE exists to protect and improve the nation’s health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities. It does this through advocacy, partnerships, world-class science, knowledge and intelligence, and the delivery of specialist public health services. PHE is an operationally autonomous executive agency of the Department of Health. www.gov.uk/phe. Follow us on Twitter @PHE_uk
Infections press office
PHE press office, infections
61 Colindale Avenue
Phone 020 3682 0574
Out of hours 020 8200 4400
Published: 1 October 2014
From: Public Health England