The British Deputy High Commission Chandigarh, the Alliance Française and German business community in Chandigarh are holding a panel discussion on climate change Tuesday 9 September, with a focus on how businesses can reduce their carbon footprint and how governments can help.
Experts from the local business community as well as the state governments of Punjab and Haryana and experts from diplomatic missions in Delhi will share perspectives, expertise and ‘on the ground’ experiences on how to combat climate change without compromising on economic development. The discussion will be moderated by Chandersuta Dogra, journalist, author and head of Chandigarh bureau of The Hindu, responsible for all coverage emanating from Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
French, German and the British governments are committed to working closely on climate change issues, and are jointly organising events around the world on 9 September.
David Lelliott, British Deputy High Commissioner Chandigarh, said:
We’re delighted to be working with our French and German friends, as well as local business people, to support local efforts to tackle climate change. We hope this discussion will help business people and decision makers find ways in which they can benefit from reducing their carbon footprints.
During his visit to India last month UK Energy & Climate Change Secretary Ed Davey said:
changing economics, new technologies and innovation mean that tackling climate change can drive growth rather than constrain it.
The discussion will take place at 1430 hrs IST Tuesday 9 September, 2014 at Alliance Francaise, Sector 36-A, Chandigarh. You all are welcome to attend. Please contact Shivani Sood on +91 84277 6556 to register.
- Neelima Jairath, Executive Director, Punjab State Council for Science & Technology
- Dr. R K Chauhan, scientist, Department of Environment, Haryana
- Simon Petrie, First Secretary, Low Carbon Growth, British High Commission
- Georg Klussmann, Counsellor (Environment, Climate Change, Renewables and Tourism), Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Panellists include:
- Dr. Anton Reinfelder, M D Groz-Beckert Asia
- Neeta Dere, Reckitt Benckiser
- Vikram Hans, M D Multi Overseas Pvt Ltd
- Pallav Mukherjee, architect & consultant
- Representatives of the media interested in covering the event please email Alam Bains or call on 9501925556.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, LinkedIn, Storify, Eventbrite, Blogs, Foursqare