November 2015 Transaction Data
This data provides information about the number and types of applications that Land Registry completed in November 2015.
In November 2015:
- Land Registry completed 1,494,887 applications
- South East topped the table of regional applications with 344,669
- Birmingham topped the table of local authority applications with 22,352
The Transaction Data shows Land Registry completed over 1,494,880 applications from its customers in November. This includes 1,463,088 applications by account customers, of which:
- 363,700 were applications in respect of registered land (dealings)
- 677,160 were applications to obtain an official copy of a register or title plan
- 206,321 were searches
- 93,721 were transactions for value
|Yorks and Humber||114,098|
|England and Wales (not assigned)||57|
|Isles of Scilly||55|
|Top three local authorities||Applications|
|City of Westminster||20,361|
|Top three customers||Transactions for value|
|My Home Move Limited||2,193|
|Top three customers||Searches|
|Optima Legal Services||7,725|
|TM Group (UK) Ltd (Search Choice)||6,271|
Notes to editors
- Transaction Data is published on the fifteenth working day of each month. The December Transaction Data will be published at 11am on Friday 22 January 2016 on data.gov.uk
- The monthly Transaction Data shows how many applications for first registrations, leases, transfers of part, dealings, official copies and searches lodged by Land Registry account customers were completed. For an explanation of the terms used, see Abbreviations used in the transaction data
- Transactions for value include freehold and leasehold sales.
- Most searches carried out by a solicitor or conveyancer are to protect the purchase and/or mortgage. For example, a search will give the buyer priority for an application to Land Registry to register the purchase of the property.
- As a government department established in 1862, executive agency and trading fund responsible to the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Land Registry keeps and maintains the Land Register for England and Wales. The Land Register has been open to public inspection since 1990.
- With the largest transactional database of its kind detailing over 24 million titles, Land Registry underpins the economy by safeguarding ownership of many billions of pounds worth of property.
- For further information about Land Registry visit www.gov.uk/land-registry
- Follow us on Twitter @LandRegGov and @CofrestrfaTir and find us on our blog, LinkedIn and Facebook
Press and PR Manager
1 Bedford Park
Telephone 0300 0067543
Mobile 07790 690297
Published: 21 December 2015
From: Land Registry