The latest national statistics on NHS inpatient and outpatient waiting events, for the quarter ending June, have been published. These figures include data for England, Strategic Health Authorities, and NHS Trusts and PCTs.
Key points from the release were:
- Decisions to admit decreased by 8,000 (-0.6%) to 1.4m
- Number of elective admissions increased by 11,000 (0.9%) to 1.2m
- GP referrals decreased by 122,000 (-4.1%) to 2.9m
- Other referrals increased by 35,000 (2.0%) to 1.7m
- Attendances at consultant outpatient clinics decreased by 40,000 (-1.0%) to 4.1m
- Total attendances increased by 31,000 (0.2%) to 12.9m compared to Q1 2010/11