New UK Cyber Demonstration Centre opens today
- Department for International Trade Defence & Security Organisation and Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport
- Part of:
- Cyber security: Export help, Cyber security, and Exports and inward investment
- 21 July 2015
This new London centre has been designed for the UK cyber security industry to showcase the best of UK capability to a global audience.
The UK has a dynamic and innovative cyber security industry. The sector has over 2,000 companies, which are mostly Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs), and over 40,000 employees.
The centre was created in response to demand by the cyber security sector for a purpose built facility to demonstrate the latest cyber security technologies.
The Cyber Demonstration Centre has been set up by UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) and Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), on behalf of the Cyber Growth Partnership. It was funded as part of the National Cyber Security Programme in Cabinet Office.
The Cyber Demonstration Centre will:
- support the growth of the sector
- be used to showcase the depth, breadth and quality of the UK cyber security offer to delegations from across the world
- ensure that the UK continues to be one of the major players in the global market
Cyber Demonstration Centre
The purpose built centre is the ideal place to demonstrate the best of UK innovation in cyber security, and includes:
- state of the art audio visual facilities, including three large screens at 4k and HD definition
- the latest Cisco video conferencing facilities, giving a range of multimedia presentation options, including real time streaming from remote locations
How to book
From today it will be available for hire by UK companies, wishing to demonstrate a cyber security product or service.
As an introductory offer all companies will be able to use the centre for the first time for free.
There will be several open days where companies can come to see a demonstration of the centre’s capabilities.
For further information please see the Cyber Growth Partnership website.
Published: 21 July 2015