This new agreement will provide access to standardised facilities management services for government and the public sector.
A new Facilities Management Services agreement is now live. Developed following extensive market and customer engagement, it will provide central government departments and other public sector organisations with access to standardised facilities management (FM) services.
The scope includes a total/integrated FM solution, hard FM services such as mechanical and electrical maintenance, control of asbestos, water hygiene services and mail services, and soft FM services such as cleaning, security and waste management services.
The new agreement will provide customers with a wide range of benefits including:
- up to 15% savings through better buying, aggregation of requirements and standardisation of specifications leading to anticipated savings in excess of £200 million
- a common set of service level requirements, terms and conditions and pricing
- improved management information enabling better cost benchmarking and performance management across the whole of the public sector
- use of the NEC3 Term Services Contract as the standard contract for call-off contracts, which includes key performance indicators such as innovation/gain share
- measures to improve energy efficiency, water consumption, waste minimisation and incorporation of Government Buying Standards to ensure sustainability
Find out more about the agreement and how to access it here