New dental pilot practices announced
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
An extra 20 dental practices have joined a dental pilot programme to test the new dental contract, Health Minister Lord Howe announced today
There are now 90 dental practices across the country helping to test different elements of the new contract. These sites will look at preventative oral health with a focus on better results for both adults and children.
Speaking at the Local Dental Committee conference, Health Minister Lord Howe said:
I am pleased to announce a further 20 dental practices have now joined our dental programme. The insight and feedback we are gathering from all the pilot sites is proving to be invaluable in shaping the future dental contract.
I would like to thank those taking part for the excellent work which has been carried out so far.
The pilot sites are looking at how dentists can be paid on the basis of the health results they produce rather than the number of treatments they carry out. The sites are also testing out different care pathways, with a greater emphasis on prevention, and where patients receive a more personalised care plan to improve their dental health in the long term.
Work is also underway to look at the IT systems dental practices use to better support dentists in their everyday work.
The dental pilot programme will help shape the future dental contract which is under development and which will ensure prevention and better oral health outcome for all is at the centre.
The new pilot sites are:
- St Michael’s Dental Practice Wakefield West Yorks
- Daventry Dental Practice Daventry Northants
- Eston Dental Practice Middlesbrough Cleveland
- Skipton Road Dental Surgery Colne Lancashire
- Noah’s Ark Dental Surgery Fowey Cornwall
- Richmond Dental Care Sheffield South Yorkshire
- Inglewood House Whitefield Greater Manchester
- Colney Hatch Dental Practice LTD Muswell Hill London
- Shrewsbury Dental Centre (IDH) Shrewsbury Shropshire
- Easton Dental Practice Bristol Bristol
- Pittar Chambers Dental Practice Exeter Devon
- Oasis Dental Care, The White House, Bognor Regis Bognor Regis West Sussex
- Purity Dudley West Midlands
- Minto Road Dental Care Sheffield South Yorkshire
- Carillon Dental Loughborough Leicestershire
- Wisdom Dental Clinic Chesterfield Derbyshire
- The Dentists at Watling Street Road Preston Lancashire
- St James Dental Practice Winchester Hampshire
- Yeading Dental Care Hayes Middlesex
- Hendon Dental Practice Hendon London
Published: 7 June 2013
From: Department of Health