National Park Authorities, the Broads Authority and AONB Conservation Boards appointments
Appointments and re-appointments to the National Park Authorities, the Broads Authority and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty Conservation Boards.
New appointments to England’s National Park Authorities & the Broads Authority and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty Conservation Boards have been made by Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Elizabeth Truss. Each appointment will take effect from today.
National Park Authority members have a primary responsibility to ensure that the Authority furthers the statutory purposes of the Park.
Ten new members have been appointed to four-year terms on the following National Park Authorities and Broads Authority:
- Broads Authority - Greg Munford and Sarah Mukherjee
- Dartmoor - Andrew Cooper
- Exmoor - Martin Ryall and Evelyn Stacey
- New Forest - Professor Russell Wynn
- South Downs - Heather Baker and Helen Jackson
- Yorkshire Dales - Jim Munday and Neil Swain
Ten existing members have been re-appointed to four-year terms on the following National Park Authorities and Broads Authority:
- Broads Authority - Louis Baugh and Professor Jacqueline Burgess
- New Forest - Oliver Crosthwaite-Eyre and Marian Spain
- North York Moors - Alison Fisher and Andrew Scott CBE
- Peak District - Frances Beatty MBE and Robert Helliwell
- Yorkshire Dales - Judith Donovan CBE and Jocelyn Manners-Armstrong
Secretary of State members on Conservation Boards have a primary responsibility to ensure that the Conservation Board furthers the statutory AONB purposes as set out in the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000.
Three new members have been appointed to three-year terms on the following Conservation Boards:
- Chilterns Conservation Board - Colin Courtney and John Nicolls
- Cotswolds Conservation Board - Peter Jones
Four existing members of two Conservation Boards have also been re-appointed for a three-year term:
- Chilterns Conservation Board - Alison Doggett and Helen Tuffs
- Cotswolds Conservation Board - Ed Macalister-Smith and Dr Val Kirby
Jo Burgon has also been re-appointed on a one year term to the Cotswolds Conservation Board.
Additional information regarding the National Park Authorities and Broads Authority members will be made available on the National Parks website.