Ministerial Committee for Syrian Refugees
The first meeting of the new Syrian Refugees Ministerial Committee was held today (Friday 11 September).
The Committee, chaired jointly by the Home Secretary and the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, was set up by the Prime Minister to lead cross-government work to house and support the 20,000 Syrian refugees who will be resettled in the UK over the next 5 years.
Find out how the UK government is helping to address the Syrian refugee crisis.
The new group includes senior ministers from all of the key departments. Key external partners such as the Local Government Association (LGA), charities and faith institutions will also have the opportunity to contribute.
Ministerial Group on Syrian Refugees:
- Secretary of State for the Home Department (Chair) (Rt Hon Theresa May MP)
- Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (Deputy Chair) (Rt Hon Greg Clark MP)
- Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (Rt Hon Philip Hammond MP)
- Secretary of State for International Development (Rt Hon Justine Greening MP)
- Secretary of State for Health (Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP)
- Secretary of State for Education, Minister for Women and Equalities (Rt Hon Nicky Morgan MP)
- Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (Rt Hon Iain Duncan-Smith MP)
- Chief Secretary to the Treasury (Rt Hon Greg Hands MP)
- Secretary of State for Scotland (Rt Hon David Mundell MP)
- Secretary of State for Wales (Rt Hon Stephen Crabb MP)
- Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (Rt Hon Theresa Villiers MP)
- Chancellor for the Duchy of Lancaster (Rt Hon Oliver Letwin MP)
- Minister of State for Communities and Resilience (Mark Francois MP)
- Minister for Civil Society (Rob Wilson MP)
Terms of reference
To co-ordinate efforts to resettle, house and support Syrian refugees resettled in the UK.