May 2015 Transaction Data
This data provides information about the number and types of applications that Land Registry completed in May 2015.
In May 2015:
- Land Registry completes 1,298,742 applications
- South East tops the table of regional applications with 299,361
- Birmingham tops the table of local authority applications with 20,035
The Transaction Data shows Land Registry completed over 1,298,740 applications from its customers in May. This includes 1,264,074 applications by account customers, of which:
- 286,606 were applications in respect of registered land (dealings)
- 608,701 were applications to obtain an official copy of a register or title plan
- 172,622 were searches
- 71,570 were transactions for value
|Yorks and Humber||102,090|
|England and Wales (not assigned)||87|
|Isles of Scilly||31|
|Top three local authorities||Applications|
|City of Westminster||18,606|
|Top three customers||Transactions for value|
|My Home Move Limited||1,433|
|Countrywide Property Lawyers||817|
|Top three customers||Searches|
|Optima Legal Services||5,690|
|TM Group (UK) Ltd (Search Choice)||5,521|
Notes to editors
- Transaction Data is published on the fifteenth working day of each month. The June Transaction Data will be published at 11am on Tuesday 21 July 2015 at data.gov.uk
- The monthly Transaction Data shows how many applications for first registrations, leases, transfers of part, dealings, official copies and searches lodged by Land Registry account customers were completed. For an explanation of the terms used, see Abbreviations used in the Transaction Data.
- Transactions for value include freehold and leasehold sales.
- Most searches carried out by a solicitor or conveyancer are to protect the purchase and/or mortgage. For example, a search will give the buyer priority for an application to Land Registry to register the purchase of the property.
- As a government department established in 1862, executive agency and trading fund responsible to the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Land Registry keeps and maintains the Land Register for England and Wales. The Land Register has been open to public inspection since 1990.
- With the largest transactional database of its kind detailing over 24 million titles, Land Registry underpins the economy by safeguarding ownership of many billions of pounds worth of property.
- For further information about Land Registry visit https://www.gov.uk/land-registry.
- Follow us on Twitter @LandRegGov and find us on our blog, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Press and PR Manager
1 Bedford Park
Telephone 0300 0067543
Mobile 07790 690297
Published: 19 June 2015
From: HM Land Registry