Invitation to Charity Commission Annual Public Meeting
Commission invites charities, trustees and their advisers to attend its Annual Public Meeting on 17 September 2014.
The meeting will be chaired by William Shawcross, chairman of the Charity Commission, who will also open the meeting. Attendees will then hear from the regulator’s new Chief Executive, Paula Sussex, on the Commission’s work over the last year and her plans for the coming months.
The meeting will also include a lecture from the renowned historian and author Dr Frank Prochaska on ‘The State of Charity’. Dr Prochaska, a former lecturer in British history at Yale, will also invite attendees to comment and discuss the topic.
The event is to be held at Church House in Westminster from 4pm to 6pm and will be followed by a drinks reception.
The meeting is free to attend. To book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For press enquiries contact the press office.
Notes to Editors
- The Charity Commission is the independent regulator of charities in England and Wales.
- Our mission is to be the independent registrar and regulator of charities in England and Wales, acting in the public’s interest, to ensure that:
- charities know what they have to do
- the public know what charities do
- charities are held to account
- Frank Prochaska taught British history at Yale in recent years and currently lives in Oxford, where he is a member of Somerville and Wolfson Colleges. His books include Women and Philanthropy in Nineteenth-Century England; The Voluntary Impulse; Royal Bounty: The Making of a Welfare Monarchy; and Christianity and Social Service in Modern Britain.
Published: 8 August 2014
From: The Charity Commission