Seven leading names from food, film and design sectors join the creative jury for the UK Pavilion at Milan Expo 2015.
The 8 finalist teams will present their ideas and concept designs to the competition Jury on 1 May 2014. The winner is expected to be announced later in the month.
Creative jury members
The jurors are:
- Andrew Summers CMG (Chair), former Chief Executive of the Design Council and current Chairman of Westminster Business School
- Moira Gemmill, Director of Design and FuturePlan at the V&A Museum
- Roddy Langmuir, Senior Director of Cullinan Studio and chair of design review for Architecture and Design Scotland
- Tom Aikens, Michelin Star winning chef, author and restaurateur
- Melanie Leech, Director General of the Food and Drink Federation
- Michael Lynch OBE, UK Business Ambassador and Partner of Invoke Capital
- Lord Puttnam, Labour Peer, film producer and UK Trade Envoy to Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos
The jury will consider the creative approach of proposals, following a technical assessment.
Competing teams were encouraged to take an innovative and unconventional exploration of the main Expo themes. They will present the unique ways in which Britain is helping to meet the global challenge of feeding an increasing global population.
The UK Pavilion will offer a great visitor experience, which will also host events and a food and retail offer.
The diversity of the jury reflects the wide range of sectors which will be showcased during the universal expo. The jury will also be advised by:
members of the UK Pavilion Milan Expo 2015 team in UK Trade & Investment (UKTI)
John Foy, construction manager at UK Shared Business Services
Malcolm Reading, architect
UK Pavilion Milan Expo 2015 design competition
The competition to design the UK Pavilion began in January 2014.
The firms shortlisted to deliver the project were announced in March 2014.
You can view the shortlisted designs on the Business is GREAT Britain Facebook page.
Find out more about the UK Pavilion at Milan Expo 2015.