High-value manufacturing: £1 million to boost project readiness
Funding opportunity for innovative manufacturing businesses to 'bridge the gap' to volume production.
Innovate UK is seeking proposals for experimental development to address the ‘gap’ to market that can arise after a successful high-value manufacturing project.
Issues around design for manufacture, scale-up and facility development can all pose risks and delays in the transition to volume production.
We’re investing up to £1 million in projects to help companies bring their recent technology innovations closer to manufacturing readiness.
- the competition opens on 16 February 2015
- we expect projects to last up to 9 months and to range in size from total costs of £200,000 to £500,000
- funding will be at 35% for SMEs and 25% for large companies
- a briefing day for potential applicants will be held in London on 25 February 2015
- this competition is open to single companies or to collaborative consortia
Read our High Value Manufacturing Strategy