Our strategy to ensure that high-value manufacturing has a major role in accelerating UK economic growth.
PDF, 1.15MB, 16 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
High-value manufacturing (HVM) ranges from R&D to recycling. Related products, processes and services accounted for 35% of all UK exports in 2010. That contributed £151 billion to the UK balance of payments.
We have identified five areas where innovation in HVM can generate further wealth across many sectors:
- resource efficiency
- manufacturing systems
- integration of new materials with manufacturing technologies
- manufacturing processes
- new business models
Our strategy is to:
- double our direct investment in HVM innovation to around £50 million a year
- concentrate investment on technologies and sectors where the UK can benefit in large global markets
- make our investment choices using a set of 22 manufacturing competencies
- invest in the High Value Manufacturing Catapult
- provide open access to shared knowledge
Published: 21 October 2014
From: Innovate UK